Tickets for RAL MaDFest are sold through TicketSource, and will be available online up to 4 pm on the day of the event. Tickets will not be available to purchase on the gate, but can of course be purchased online up to the deadline stated.
This year's event has already happened, but check back next year!
Entry to the event is by pre-purchased ticket only, and tickets are available to all Harwell Campus staff, CSSC members, and residents of the surrounding local towns and villages. A limited number of tickets may be available on the day of the event, but the organisers can make no guarantees.
Members of the RAL Recreational Society (full, affiliate, associate, retired, and honorary membership classes) and Oxford/Reading Area CSSC members benefit from a 40% discount on the standard adult ticket price. Please enter your work email address or your CSSC membership number when booking your tickets to confirm your eligibility.
Terms & Conditions
- You do not need to be a member of the RAL Recreational Society or Oxford/Reading Area CSSC in order to buy tickets. However, if you are a member of either organisation you can benefit from reduced ticket prices.
- Tickets are non-refundable, except in the event that the festival is cancelled due to an Act of God or other unforseen event. In such a case all tickets sold will be refunded to their full face value.
- The RAL Recreational Society is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen e-tickets. In the absence of your e-ticket (or a printed copy) entry to the event on the day will be charged at standard price.
- Exit and re-entry to the event is only possible by showing the official stamp (received on entry to the event).
- Tickets may not be purchased with the intention of resale to others.
- On entry, we reserve the right to search any bags, backpacks, coolers or similar, for items that may cause disruption or danger at the event (this includes alcohol), and to confiscate said items.
- Picnics at the event are permitted, but no alcohol may be brought in to the event. We also must ask that no glass bottles / jars be brought in to the event.
- Alcohol will be on sale at the event, and the RAL RecSoc reserves the right to ask for proof of age identification if the bar staff are in any doubt. It is an offence to purchase alcohol for consumption by under-18s, and we will refuse to sell alcohol to an adult if we believe it is being bought for an under-18. The RAL RecSoc operates under the Challenge 21 scheme.
- We reserve the right to alter the programme without forewarning if necessary.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to the event, and to eject any persons from the event, who appear to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, or are otherwise behaving dangerously and / or inappropriately.
- Under 12s must be accompanied by an adult (18+), and both must hold appropriate tickets for the event. Lost children will be accompanied to the Tickets & Information point by a member of event staff, and an announcement will be made over the event PA system.
- Photographers will be operating at the event - by attending the event you consent to being filmed and / or photographed, to the resulting materials being used for future advertising purposes, and for this use to be made without payment or copyright.
- The RAL Recreational Society accepts no responsibility for lost, damaged, or stolen property. Please hand any found items in to the event staff at the Tickets & Information point.
- No dogs are allowed, except guide dogs and assistance dogs.
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted in any of the event marquees, or in the food vendor or food seating areas.
- Restricted items at the event include fireworks, laser pens/pointers, and air-horns. Please do not bring these or other inappropriate items to the event.
- Barbecues are not permitted at the event.
- First aid will be available from the St John Ambulance staff.